The Division of Curriculum and Instruction oversees the following programs that support the District’s mission of educating students and empowering them to meet their educational goals.
- Fine and Performing Arts – The Office of Fine Arts provides equitable opportunities for all learners to gain knowledge, skills, and confidence to become lifelong creators in the Arts.
- Physical Education & Health Education – The Office of Physical Education & Health Education offers developmental and physical fitness opportunities to promote growth of the physical, mental, social, and emotional health of every student.
- Early Childhood - The Office of Early Childhood ensures that all children have access to high-quality early learning programs and enter kindergarten prepared for success.
- Montessori – Our Montessori Program offers student-centered learning through hands-on experiences, a focus on social responsibility, and engaged communal learning that promotes collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Dual Enrollment – Dual enrollment is a program that allows high school students (usually sophomores, juniors, and seniors) to enroll in college courses for credit prior to high school graduation.
- STEM Enrichment Programs – STEM Enrichment programs are designed to improve student outcomes in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Camp Burt Shurly – Camp Burt Shurly is a licensed residential summer camp owned by the District and operated by the Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries, located in Livingston County.
- Detroit Children’s Museum – Children at Title 1 schools can experience field trips and educational experiences aligned to content standards.