Instruction During COVID-19 Closure
As the District is closed in response to COVID-19, we are committed to continuing to support your students' learning. The District offers a number of ways for students to engage in learning even while they are away from school.
The recommended activities below will not take the place of regular classroom instruction but will supplement student learning at home. Assignments will not be required or graded. These activities are meant to provide optional opportunities for student learning while they are absent from school. We encourage families to continue student learning at home.
DOWNLOAD ACADEMIC PACKETS HERE: At-Home Activity Packs
- At-Home Activity Packs - Independent practice for K-8 Mathematics, Literacy, Social Studies, and Science. These can be printed for students to complete at home and include a Parent Guide for Mathematics. These packets will also be available for pick-up at the same schools providing Grab-n-Go breakfast and lunch.
- Khan Academy - Independent practice and guided learning for: K-12 Mathematics and Literacy; 9-12 Science and Social Studies, AP, and SAT
- MyOn - Large library of online books with built-in reading supports.
- i-Ready - Independent practice for K-8 Mathematics and Literacy.
- Newsela - News and events articles at a range of reading levels.
Accessing Online Resources
- For additional information about the District's online learning resources please see the Online Learning page.
- Using Imagine Learning for Bilingual Education
Consider setting a schedule for your student
We recommend providing structure for your student. At school, students get used to their days following a certain structure. Communicating to your child that they will have a structure to follow for the next several weeks will set expectations and set everyone up to make the most out of this period of time.
Click here to access sample schedules:
Due to the COVID-19 3-week closure, the District is offering hours during the day for our Homework Hotline.
Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Friday, April 3, 2020 the hours will be as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday - 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Contact The Hotline: call 1-833-466-3978 during operating hours
In accordance with MDE guidance and requirements for students with IEPs, DPSCD will have ESE (certified Special Education Teachers) available via the Homework Hotline.
Students: Learn about the Coronavirus
Click below to learn more about the science behind the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and how viruses spread
- The Sneeze: How germs spread
- Mystery Science lessons about germs and viruses
- Myth Busters: The Safe Sneeze
- Corona Virus Q and A