The Office of Early Childhood ensures that all children, especially those in highest need, have access to high-quality early learning and development programs and enter kindergarten prepared for success. We ensure that all early childhood outcomes include:
- Children thriving, and developmentally on track
- Children are developmentally ready to succeed in school
- Children are prepared to succeed by achieving appropriate grade level reading proficiencies
We provide a free, high-quality early learning experience for special needs from birth and for general education students who are 4 years old by September 1 or December 1 of the current school year, depending on the program.
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Students selected for the Great Start Readiness Program must meet income guidelines.
Where to Enroll
Parents may enroll at any DPSCD pre-school site, or at Fleming Administrative Building, 18501 Waltham Detroit, MI 48205.
Required Enrollment Documents
- Original birth certificate
- Current immunization record
- Child's Insurance card
- Proof of income (GSRP)
- Proof of Wayne County residency
Michigan Academic Standards for Early Childhood
Office of Early Childhood
3011 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: (313) 347-8923
Enrollment: (313) 347-8923
Para inscribirse: (313) 576-0100
Director of Early Childhood