Examination High Schools
Detroit Public Schools Community District offers enrollment in five selective admission high school programs, which offer rigorous college preparation, career preparation, competitive athletics programs and inspiring arts programs. Students are required to take an examination for admission consideration.
- Cass Technical High School
- Renaissance High School
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School
- Southeastern High School
- The School at Marygrove, opening Fall 2019, 9th grade only
Who can apply to an Examination High School?
Eighth grade students attending public and non-public schools are eligible to apply for the 9th grade class. Current high school students may also apply for openings in grades 9-11.
Applying for Fall 2020 admission
The application for Fall 2020 admission to examination high schools is not yet available, however, interested students may complete an interest survey to be notified when the new application launches.
Placement Exam Information
The examination high school placement exam is a critical element of the application process. Every applicant must complete the placement exam for admissions consideration for one of the District's examination high schools.
Applications will be conducted electronically only. No paper applications will be accepted.
Questions and Answers
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have questions, please email them to email@example.com.
Need Assistance? Open the Parent Workshop Schedule
To complete your application, you will need the following.
- Formal Letter of Student Interest
- A letter of reference/recommendation
- Transcript or report card that clearly shows the student's cumulative grade point average. It must be from no earlier than the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- High school transfer students are required to submit a transcript.
Office of Enrollment
9th Floor, Fisher Building
3011 W. Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
Office: (313) 873-6345
Enrollment Analysis Supervisor
Enrollment Manager / Program Supervisor
Theodore Jones, MSW
Enrollment Specialist - Parent Advocate