Thank you for your interest in donating to the Detroit Public Schools Community District. We appreciate your support!
Each year, the District receives a wide array of monetary and material donations that support the District's priorities. Our goal is to make the process as seamless as possible, ensure that contributions are leveraged for maximum impact, and provide timely receipts for donations. To report a donation made to the district, please utilize our Donation Reporting Form. We greatly appreciate your inclusion of a picture of donation items on the form.
- We do not accept broken or damaged items or items with missing parts.
- We reserve the right to decline donated items if our storage facilities are at capacity and/or the items do not meet our needs.
- We can accept donations of money, goods, and supplies. Donated services are not tax deductible. Please note that, in accordance with IRS regulations, establishing the monetary value of donated items is the exclusive responsibility of the donor.
- Technology donations require the approval of the district's Asset Management and Deployment department. This process is simples if you are able to donate items that already appear in the district's Technology Catalogue.
Ways to Donate
Donors may contact a school or district office directly or work with the Partnerships Office staff to determine if donations meet school or district needs. In either case, donors should complete the Donation Reporting Form upon making their donation. Please remember to include a picture of your donation.
- Donate directly to a DPSCD School or Central Office Department
This will expedite the process and allow donors to align with the school’s or department’s specific needs. You can view full lists of schools and departments on this website.
- Donate with assistance from Partnerships Office Staff
If you are looking for additional guidance or support in facilitating a donation, please contact Toria Ward-Gilkey in the Partnerships Office for assistance.