Thank you for your interest in donating to Detroit Public Schools Community District. We appreciate your support!
Each year, the District receives a wide array of monetary and material donations that support its priorities. Our goal is to make the process as seamless as possible, ensure that contributions are leveraged for maximum impact, and provide timely receipts for donations. To report a donation made to the District, please utilize the Donation Reporting Form at the bottom of this page. We greatly appreciate your inclusion of a picture of donated items on the form.
- We do not accept broken or damaged items or items with missing parts.
- We reserve the right to decline donated items. Reasons for declining a donation may include, but are not limited too, space constraints at storage facilities and items not aligned to the District's needs.
- We can accept donations of money, goods, and supplies. Donated services are not tax deductible. Please note that, in accordance with IRS regulations, establishing the monetary value of donated items is the exclusive responsibility of the donor.
- Technology donations require the approval of the district's Asset Management and Deployment department. This process is simples if you are able to donate items that already appear in the district's Technology Catalogue.
Ways to Donate
- Directly to a DPSCD School or Central Office Department
- With assistance from Partnerships Office Staff
If you are looking for additional guidance or support in facilitating a donation, please contact Toria Ward-Gilkey in the Partnerships Office for assistance.