The Robert A. Schuele Scholarship Fund was established to honor the life of a friend, a family man, and a business professional. The intention of the Robert A. Schuele Scholarship Fund is to grant a scholarship award in an amount that will secure the attendance of a student at a major college or university in Michigan. The Trustees are searching for an applicant who has outstanding character, demonstrated commitment to academic studies, significant financial need and who will take advantage of the mentoring and networking resources the Trustees intend to offer to maximize the recipient's educational experience.
A single scholarship will be granted to a high school student entering a full-time program of college study in 2021. Scholarship funds shall be used only for college tuition, fees, room and board, and books and materials. The Scholarship will be given on an equal opportunity basis. The criteria for selecting the recipient shall be at the discretion of the Trustees.
To apply for the Robert A. Schuele Scholarship, applicants shall be required to meet the following minimum criteria:
1. At least a 2.3 (on a 4.0 scale) cumulative high school G.P.A. (or its equivalent, to be submitted as a sealed transcript) or an 18 composite A.C.T. score; or scores of 400 or more in each of the following SAT categories: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) and Math.
2. Demonstrate need for financial assistance;
3. Commit to full-time college student status;
4. Unrestricted academic standing with the university or college with which courses will be taken (e.g., no academic suspensions) is required as a result of this scholarship; and,
5. A high school senior in Wayne, Oakland & Macomb Counties or an applicant invited by a member of the Robert A. Schuele Scholarship Committee or a member in good standing with Metro Detroit Youth Clubs.