Physical Education, Health Education & Drivers Education
The Office of Physical Education, Health Education, & Drivers Education offers a variety of developmental and physical fitness skills in a sequential order to promote growth in the physical, mental, social, and emotional health of every student. To provide skilled based instruction and opportunities for students to develop into self-directed, self-reliant individuals who will be involved in lifetime physical activities and healthy behaviors that promote the safety and well-being of the students for living a happy productive life.
- All students will have the knowledge and skills to embrace positive attitudes of being physically fit and active throughout their lives.
- To prepare students with the knowledge, health-related skills, and self-efficacy to excel in all environments from the community and throughout the world.
- To maximize student’s development by supporting the whole child approach in educating students.
- Students will learn, understand, reason, and communicate movement concepts relative to physical activities.
- Students will develop personal, social and attitudinal skills that contribute to successful participation in diverse settings.
- Students will develop and maintain a level of fitness essential for active living that minimizes the risk of disease and illness.
- Students will have the skills and knowledge to protect themselves in all aspects of their life from risky behaviors.
- Students will develop competency in a variety of lifelong activities.
Assistant Director of Physical Education,
Health Education, & Drivers Education
9th Floor Fisher Building
3011 W. Grand Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: (313) 870-3893
LaKeisha M. Littlejohn
Program Associate I - Regional Health Coordinator