Physical Education & Health Education
The Office of Physical Education & Health Education offers a variety of developmental and physical fitness skills to promote growth of the physical, mental, social, and emotional health of every student. We provide skill-based instruction and opportunities for students to develop into self-directed, self-reliant individuals who will be involved in physical activities and healthy behaviors promoting their safety and well-being for living a happy, productive life.
- All students will have the knowledge and skills to embrace a positive attitude associated with being physically fit and active throughout their lives.
- To prepare students with knowledge, health-related skills, and self-efficacy to excel in all community and world environments.
- To maximize student development by supporting the whole child when educating students.
- Students will learn, understand, reason, and communicate movement concepts relative to physical activities.
- Students will develop personal, social, and emotional skills that contribute to successful participation in diverse settings.
- Students will develop and maintain a level of fitness essential for active living that minimizes the risk of disease and illness.
- Students will have the skills and knowledge to protect themselves in all aspects of life from risky behaviors.
- Students will develop competency in a variety of lifelong activities.