We'd like to thank you again for the generous donation (safety gear) you provided to the District! Because you reached out to The District’s Office of External Partnerships, Enrollment and Innovation, your donation helped us to:
- Support Superintendent Vitti's District-Wide Message concerning our student's safety while traveling to and from school.
- Provide safety gear to 22 Schools (Southwest, East and West Detroit)
- Provide safety gear to our Student Transportation Division (Bus Drivers and Bus Attendants).
- Provide safety gear to our Facilities Division (who are often loading and unloading from streets).
- Provide safety gear to the Chief's Chaplin Corp
- Provided gear to our District Officers
- Provide gear to Community Patrol Groups
- Make an impact and a difference!
The DPSCD Police Department is comprised of an Executive Command Team, Police Officers, Investigators, Campus Police Officers and Security Officers, whose mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for students and staff, conducive for teaching and learning. The Department is housed in a new $5.6 million 23,000-sq ft. state of the art Command Center and Headquarters that opened in January 2011.
- Police and Security Operations Management
- School Officer Assignment
- Community Outreach (Safe Routes to Schools Initiative, Intervention Support, Safety Trainings for Students, Parents and Staff)
- Administrative Liaison (Community Use, Athletics and Special Events Planning)