Michigan College Month
October is Michigan College Month & Financial Aid Kick-Off
Michigan College Month is a part of a national initiative with the goal of providing every graduating high school senior the opportunity to apply to college and for financial aid.
For more info visit: https://micollegeaccess.org/initiatives/cbmi/college-month
During the month of October, the following activities will occur at every DPSCD high school:
- Seniors will complete at least one college/post-secondary program application
- Seniors will register for their FAFSA Pin.
- Seniors will apply for the Detroit Promise Scholarship
- Informational sessions with college admissions reps
- College Visits
- Financial Aid Nights (information sessions for students & parents)
- Financial Aid Workshops (opportunities for parents to complete their FAFSA)
- School-wide college awareness activities