Detroit Public Schools Community District is generously supported by a diverse range of strategic partners. Our partners are comprised of companies, organizations, and individuals who are committed to the success of our students and District. We invite you to partner with us by providing support for special programs, in-kind services, and targeted resources that contribute to the enhancement of the educational environment and academic achievement of our students.
We have streamlined the process for onboarding partners for all of our focus areas. All partnerships must align with the District's Strategic Plan "Blueprint 2020: Our Strategic Plan for Rebuilding Detroit's Public Schools."
- Outstanding Achievement
- Transformative Culture
- Whole Child Commitment
- Exceptional Talent
- Responsible Stewardship
Easy Start Guidelines
- Read the Blueprint 2020 Strategic Plan and be prepared to discuss the value and benefit of the partnership to the District.
- Contact the Principal/Department Administrator or Partnerships Office Staff for an initial conversation
- Using the Blueprint 2020 Strategic Plan, discuss how the proposed program description, goals, commitments, and contributions will impact student achievement and align to the District Priority Areas
- How will we measure progress?
- What will we do to achieve results?
- Obtain the Principal/Department Administrator Endorsement
- Complete the partnership Pre-Screen Questionnaire during the application submission window.
- Pre-Screen Questionnaire is available by clicking this link: Pre-Screen Questions
- Please allow at least 5 school days for the Partnerships Office to review and reply to responses
- Individuals, Companies, and Organizations will be asked to submit additional information for further consideration (if applicable)
- Be prepared to submit a brief program summary, share how your program aligns with the District Priority Areas, and list the name and email address of the Principal/Department Administrator endorsing your program (if applicable)
- Complete the partnership application (if applicable)
Partnership Implementation Cycle
Winter Semester 2020 (1/28/20 - 6/18/20)
- Application Submission Window: 9/1/19 - 9/30/19
Summer Session 2020 (6/2020 - 8/2020)
- Application Submission Window: 1/1/20 - 1/31/20
Fall Semester 2020 (9/2020 - 1/2021)
- Application Submission Window: 5/1/20 - 5/31/20
Department of Development and Partnerships
9th Floor Fisher Building
3011 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202
Office: (313) 873-8595
Fax: (313) 873-3177
Office: (313) 873-8593
Office: (313) 873-7553