- Children are thriving
- Children are developmentally ready to succeed in school
- Children are prepared to succeed by achieving appropriate grade level reading proficiencies
We provide a free, high-quality early learning experience for students who are 4 years old by December 1st of the current school year through our Great Start Readiness (GSRP) and Montessori programs.
How to Apply for GSRP Program
- Complete the Application Form: Click here Pre-K Application 23-24 SY
- Gather required documents - see the list below
- A DPSCD Pre-K teacher will contact you regarding a family conference
Required Enrollment Documents:
- Child’s Official Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Record or Waiver
- Child’s Health Appraisal
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Parent Proof of Income
Detroit Public Schools Community District's free Public Montessori program is dedicated to Montessori philosophy. We create a unique, student-centered learning environment and help families nurture respectful, responsible, and resourceful children.
Montessori Pre-K and Kindergarten are Full
Due to the high number of applications for Montessori Pre-K and Kindergarten, we are no longer accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year. All seats have been filled and waitlists are in effect.
Click here for more information regarding the Michigan Academic Standards for Early Childhood.