Becoming An Employee
- Review all open positions and apply online with an updated resume and credentials at careers.detroitk12.org.
- Internal candidates should apply through PeopleSoft via the Hub.
- HR will screen your application to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for your role.
- The hiring manager (principals for school-based positions) will reach out if they would like to interview you.
- If you are selected for the position, you will receive a conditional offer via email. Reply to that email to accept the position.
- A Representative from Human Resources will send you next steps and a new hire packet to complete.
- All new hires must schedule a medical screen, TB test, and fingerprinting at the One-Stop-Shop located at the DPSCD Police Station (8500 Cameron Detroit, MI 48211).
- Once your paperwork is complete and you attend an orientation session, HR will send you an assignment letter confirming your postition.
- You will receive a new hire email with your employee ID and instructions for accessing email, etc.
- If you are an existing employee, you will receive information from one of our HR Managers about your new assignment, details about changes in pay, and start dates.