Plan your summer around great DPSCD learning! The District has many resources to keep learning through the summer, from enrichment courses to self-directed online learning.
Register for our Summer Enrichment kick-off event HERE!
Students from grades K to 12 can participate in our Summer Enrichment campaign from June 29 to August 21, 2020 and can use their new Connected Futures devices to access to online resources to continue summer learning.
- Grades K-8 i-Ready - Students can continue on their online learning pathway for Reading and Mathematics
- Grades K-12 myON - Students can access thousands of book for indepent reading.
- Grades 4-5 Tigers’ Summer Slugger - An interactive online course that uses baseball to teach Math and Literacy skills.
- Grade 6-8 Red Wings’ Future Goals Hockey Scholar Program (Science) - Online lessons that use hockey to learn about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Grades 8-12 Khan Academy - Students can continue to their official PSAT & SAT practice.
The District will be celebrating students’ accomplishments with these platforms throughout the summer and recognizing them! See our Summer Learning Flyer for additional information.
We recommend that students work on their summer enrichment activities for 5 hours per week (about an hour a day). We suggest students spend the following amounts of time on each activity:
45 minutes per week
45 minutes per week
Online Enrichment Activities
3.5 hours per week
9-12 myOn Summer Enrichment
Welcome to the myON Bonus Summer Enrichment Plan. The materials outlined in this section provide additional guidance for rising ninth-twelfth graders who'd like to explore the myON platform and engage in fun reading and enrichment over the summer. Reading on the myON platform will be tracked and students will be eligible to receive Summer Rise Up Read More challenge incentives. Incentive winners will be announced at the end of summer.