As a District, we are committed to achieving our strategic priority of Responsible Stewardship by ensuring a culture of integrity, transparency and accountability. To this end, all staff are required by District policy to disclose potential conflicts of interest, or any situation which may impair your ability to perform your duties in a fair and impartial manner. A conflict of interest may include any of the following:
Disclosures are an opportunity for you to be transparent about a potential conflict of interest, providing the District with the ability to proactively address issues related to ethics at an early state. In addition, staff must disclose criminal charges and convictions so that the District can screen for certain listed offenses as mandated by Michigan Department of Education. If you have questions on what must be disclosed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Every employee must submit a completed disclosure form.
- A financial relationship or other interest with a vendor
- Receiving a gift from a vendor
- Sources of employment outside of the District
- Outside activities with organizations whose interests may conflict with those of the District
- Receiving a gift of value greater than $50 from a student or parent
- Having a direct-report or indirect reporting relationship with a family member, or influencing a personnel decision related to a family member