DPSCD works in cooperation with news and other media outlets. In order to ensure we are focused on our mission of educating and empowering every student, along with our focus on safety and security, district protocols are in place to guide media inquiries.
All requests and inquiries other than those for athletic events are to be directed to the Office of Communications & Marketing.
Staff who are contacted by the media have to refer media requests to the Office of Communications & Marketing prior to granting access to the media. DPSCD Communications & Marketing staff will then assist the media with organizing dates, times and locations and provide other information, depending on the request or inquiry.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the DPSCD Office of Communications & Marketing if you have any questions or need assistance.
Media on district property
- Prior approval from the Office of Communications & Marketing must be obtained before any media, including reporters, photographers or videographers, are allowed on district property.
- All visitors, including the media, are required to check in at district facilities or a school's main offices and present state-issued photo identification. All visitors are required to wear visitor badges at all times while on district property.
- Generally speaking, we ask the media who wish to conduct random “man on the street” interviews or who wish to get a video of a district facility do so away from district property, not disrupt the learning environment and/or block any entryways.
Student and staff privacy
- Student and staff photographs, videos and interviews may only be conducted with permission and at the discretion of the DPSCD Office of Communications & Marketing.
- All students photographed, filmed or interviewed must have media releases on file.
- The Family and Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is always observed regarding what information can or cannot be shared about students.
Those who wish to cover athletic events and request field/court access must contact the Department of Athletics.
If you’re not a member of the news media but have questions about DPSCD, please contact us at (313) 873-3494 or email us at email@example.com.