Schools Division and Academic Programs
Welcome to the Office of the Deputy Superintendent. Under the leadership of Iranetta Wright, the Office of the Deputy Superintendent oversees school administrators, leads professional learning for administrators, implements district policy, implements research-based best practices, manages organizational structures and functions, and assures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
The Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Schools works with multiple stakeholders to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of our schools with the goal of building brighter futures for every student attending DPSCD, which will manifest in every DPSCD student being college and career ready upon graduation.
About Iranetta Wright
Ms. Iranetta Wright, serves of the Deputy Superintendent of Schools for Detroit Public Schools Community District. Ms. Wright has strategic leadership for schools, principals and principal supervisors, special education, arts, music, physical education, leadership development, guidance and counseling, JROTC, athletics, school improvement, climate and culture, homeless services, safety, police and mentoring.
During Ms. Wright’s tenure she has been instrumental in:
- Reorganizing and restructuring of the Exceptional Student Education Department, Athletics and the police department
- Establishing an office of climate and culture with specific focus on school support, PBIS, homelessness and student mentoring
- Revising the Student Code of Conduct to include restorative practices
- Implementing an alternative school program for high school students
- Establishing culture support positions at each school, including Dean of Student, Attendance Agent and School Culture Facilitator
- Assisting with the adoption of a grade level aligned K-8 curriculum
- Establishing art or music and physical education at each K-8 school
- Implementing and organizing a cultural passport program which allows all K-5th grade students at least three field trips to cultural locations throughout the city
- Establishing a Leadership Development program for current and aspiring leaders
Deputy Superintendent of Schools
3011 W. Grand Blvd., 14th Floor, Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: (313) 873-6893
Assistant Superintendent's for DPSCD Schools
3011 West Grand Blvd, 9th Floor, Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: (313) 873-1951
Looking for your school’s Assistant Superintendent?
Dr. Shaun Black
Dr. Lawrence Rudolph
CTC Adult Education
Sara Del Corral
Executive Administrative Specialist to Iranetta Wright
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Superintendents