Get to Know Your iPad for PreK-2nd Grade
The iPad package for PreK- 2nd grade, ESE Center Based, and ESE Contained Classroom students includes an Apple iPad (9th generation) with an 8-inch touch screen and 64 GB. The iPad will come in a protective case which has a keyboard and case. Students should use two hands when carrying their iPad from class to class and their backpack when traveling with their iPad to and from school.
1. Home button
2. Front-facing camera
4. Volume buttons
5. Headphone jack
6. Backward-facing camera
The iPad screens can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure.
Do not lean on the top of the iPad when it is closed.
- Do not place anything on top of the iPad that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not place anything in the carrying case that will press against the cover.
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry cloth or anti-static cloth.
- Do not “bump” the iPad against walls, car doors, floors, etc. as it will eventually break the screen.
How to Close Running Applications:
- Double tap on your home button.
- All running apps will appear at the bottom of the screen - press and hold the running app.
- A small red circle with a white dash will appear in the top left corner of each running application - use that dash to close the app. Press each red circle until all apps are closed.
- Double-tap your home button to return to the main screen.
Warranty and Accidental Protection Plan
As we know, accidents may occur. All Prek-2nd, ESE Center Based, & ESE Contained Classroom students' iPads will come with a warranty and accidental protection plan. Each student using an iPad will receive an accidental protection (two times total) plan to replace damaged devices. The plan covers various damage, including but not limited to broken screens, defective speakers, or bad batteries. Once a student has used their accidental protection two times, students will be issued an older model device to use in school, but this device will not be able to leave the building to go home with the student.