Clever Access for Home
This guide will show you how to access Clever from your computer, smartphone, or tablet. DPSCD students have a number of online learning tools available to help them succeed in and out of the classroom. Most of these tools can be accessed through Clever, which is the platform students use to access learning applications like i-Ready, MyOn, and Teams.
The District’s preferred browser for accessing Clever is Chrome. Accessing Clever through Chrome will optimize your child’s experience. Chrome can be downloaded to your computer, smartphone, or tablet for free at www.google.com/chrome.
- Go to Clever: https://clever.com/in/dpscd
- Click "Log in with Active Directory" (See below for username and password details)
Your Child’s Username and Password
All DPSCD students have a unique username and password to access Clever. The password consists of a combination of the student’s name, birthday, and gender.
Example: If Aretha Franklin is a DPSCD student with a student ID of 018765 and her birthday is March 25, 1998, her username would be email@example.com and her password would be Af039802.
Logging Into Clever
1. Now, let’s get you logged in! In your browser bar type Clever.com and click Enter.
2. You will be directed to the Clever home page where you will select “Log in as student” on the upper right-hand corner of your computer screen.
3. The Clever website will direct you to the student login page. In the login box, you will type in your student’s school name, until the school’s name shows up. Select it. Next, select “Log in with Active Directory.”
4. On the sign-in page, enter the student’s email and click “Next”. Enter your student’s password and click “Sign In.” Be sure to click forgot password, if you can remember the password.
5. Your child’s Clever portal should look something like this. The applications vary by grade level.
We are here to help! If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Khan Academy - Independent practice and guided learning for K-12 Mathematics and Literacy; 9-12 Science and Social Studies, AP, and SAT
MyOn - Large library of online books with built-in reading supports.
i-Ready - Independent practice for K-8 Mathematics and Literacy. NOTE: i-Ready, an application within Clever, is not compatible with smartphones or tablets and requires a computer.
Newsela - News and events articles at a range of reading levels.
Microsoft Teams - Platform for online learning. Communicate with your teacher via chat, video, or phone, turn in assignments, and get feedback.
Studies Weekly - Weekly newspapers about science and social studies
DBQ Online - Document-Based Questions for high school social studies
Imagine Learning - Online learning platform for ELA and Math, includes programming for Spanish speaking students.
BrainPOP - Videos and activities on a range of topics including science, social studies, art, math, and literature.
Games to Learn English - Games to support K-12 English language learners
National Geographic for Kids - Articles and videos on science, history, and a range of other topics.
PBS Civics and Government - Videos and interactive activities on civics topics like the supreme court, branches of government, and others.
NASA Science - Activities, readings, and videos about earth and space science.
Michigan Science Center ECHO - Daily video demonstrations at 2:30 pm from the Michigan Science Center