ACTION ALERT! RAISE YOUR VOICE!
TAKE ACTION TO SUPPORT OUR LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
CLICK HERE TO EMAIL YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS TODAY
Take Action! Implement Equitable State School Aid
Nationally, Michigan is one of the lowest funded states. Districts receive funding based on a per pupil foundation allowance (dollars per kid), in which individual student needs are not properly addressed. We want to increase the state's investment in K-12 education by equitably funding school districts based on individual student need, not by local wealth. This means students with more needs get more money.
We need your help - Advocate to increase the dollars per kid to put Michigan closer to the national level and oppose tax-cuts that take revenue away from schools. Contact your representative, spread the word and VOTE!
- Increase the state’s investment in K-12 education by equitably funding school districts based on individual students’ need, not by local wealth.
- Address the inequities in the hold harmless provision of Prop A!
- Allocate 100% of federal ESSR-II and ESSR-III funds
Take Action! Improve School Facilities
Our schools need $1.5 Billion to repair and update its facilities. We must invest NOW. The State of Michigan does not fund school facility improvements and there are limited funds to make annual repairs to facilities. Our goal is to invest $1.5 billion in school facilities over the next five years and allocate $50 million for annual maintenance expenses. We need increased investment in school facilities through local tax revenue, debt restructuring and state/ federal capital improvement grants while seeking philanthropic engagement. Help us secure funding for facility improvements- Advocate for increased financial flexibility from the state to allocate funding to increase teacher salaries and support capital investments. Contact your representatives, spread the word and VOTE!
Take Action! Address the Effects of Pandemic Learning
- Waive 3rd Grade retention for this school year
- Waive connecting student achievement with teacher and administrative evaluations for this school year
- Support Biden Administration’s recommendation to waive 95% testing participation rate and hold harmless for lower performing schools
- Support Governor’s K-12 budget
- Allow and fund online and hybrid learning options at the same-level as in-person instruction for FY22