Internal Audit Department
The Internal Audit Department is an independent function that provides assessment and consulting services to improve District Operations. The Internal Audit Department supports DPSCD in accomplishing its objectives by using a systematic, disciplined approach to elevate and improve the effectiveness of internal controls and safeguards.
Goals and Strateiges
To accomplish our mission, Internal Audit has established the following goals and strategies:
- Develop and maintain a state-of-the-art audit framework which assures audit effectiveness
- Support major District systems development and improvement initiatives
- Development of an Annual Audit Plan
- Develop a schedule to meet the Operating Audit Plan
- Perform scheduled audits
- Report audit results to senior management
- Perform follow-up reviews of audit recommendations
Office of Internal Audit
3011 West Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202