Thank you for your interest in supporting the District through fundraising activities.
Students, staff, parents and community members are welcome to sponsor fundraising activities in schools or within the District to support and promote the needs of specific initiatives. All fundraising guidelines must be followed. The District considers any activity aiming to solicit financial support or gather voluntary contributions of resources for a particular purpose or charity a fundraising activity.
- The school principal must approve all school-based fundraisers.
- The solicitations, collection of funds, and fundraising in private homes, offices or businesses of any kind shall not be permitted..
- The District has a suggested list of approved fundraising activities and an approved list of vendors.
- No employee or member of a sponsoring organization shall directly or indirectly profit from the fundraising activity.
- Fundraisers must be held before or after school, or on the weekends with prior approval from the principal. Fundraising activities are prohibited during instructional time.
Forms and Procedures
- All funds must be deposited in the school’s checking account and appropriate bookkeeping measures must be taken to record the source and expenditures of the funds.
- The Fundraising Activity form (Form A) must be signed by the school principal and submitted to their Principal Leader for approval. The form will then be submitted to the Office of Fundraising for review and approval. The Office of Fundraising will send approval to the principal in writing. Please note: no fundraising activities may be held without written approval from the Office of Fundraising.
- Within 5 days of completing the approved fundraiser, the Fundraising Activity Profit and Loss Statement Form (Form B) must be submitted to the Office of Fundraising. Form B must include an accurate report regarding the funds raised and signatures from both the fundraising coordinator and the principal.
- Form A and Form B must be kept on file at the school.
Note: Failure to adhere to the timely submission of documents may jeopardize your ability to hold fundraisers.
Senior Director of Treasury
11th Floor Fisher Building
3011 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48202
Office: (313) 873-6898