Return to Headlines
Check Out the Five Things You Need to Know this Week
- Grab and Go Update for Students and Families -The USDA and MDE recently announced allowable provisions to serve students breakfast and lunch using the same distribution model as the spring and summer. Click here to learn more about the meal services that will now be offered through December 31, 2020.
- #DPSCDVotes- Voter registration action meetings for District educators (Sept. 14 5 p.m.-6 p.m.) and students (Sept. 15 4 p.m.-5 p.m.) are planned for this week. In conjunction with When We All Vote (WWAV), these drives will provide resources on how to register to vote as well as guidance on how to get involved. Student drive information can be found here. Click this link for information on the Educators drive. The voter registration deadline in Michigan is October 19, 2020.
- K-8 Eureka Math Sessions for Students and Families- Learn how to support your child's understanding of grade-level mathematics starting with the first session on September 14, 2020. Our Master Teacher-led series of Math Sessions will explore the key strategies in Eureka Math and provide tips for your family to use at home. You can get more information on the Eureka Math series here.
- Apply to the DPSCD Police Oversight Committee by Sept. 18- Be a voice for our community and apply to serve on the committee that will address public concerns of the DPSCD Police Department as well address complaints against officers should they arise. Detailed information on the application process can be found
- Football is back! -Following a recent directive from the State of Michigan related to the pandemic, high school football was allowed to return this fall. The feature game this week in the DPSL is King at Cass Tech, Saturday afternoon 9-19-20, kicking off at 3 p.m. For more information on fan participation for the game, please email the District’s athletic department at firstname.lastname@example.org.