Join Today's Parent Academy ESE Meeting!
DPSCD’s Office of Family and Community Engagement (FACE), in conjunction with Parent Academy, invites you to join a virtual Reopening Q&A session this month. The virtual gathering is intended to discuss safe learning procedures amid the COVID-19 pandemic for students whose physical or cognitive needs necessitate their participation in the District’s Exceptional Student Education (ESE) program.
The areas planned to be covered during the virtual event are:
- A review of the current recommendations under the District’s Reopening School plan related to ESE;
- Outline of transportation, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines related to students with moderate to severe needs;
- Address safety avenues that teach social distancing, handwashing and other social practices to help fight possible spread of the virus;
- Discuss mask wearing and address sensitivities and medical concerns as well as answer general ESE program questions.
The District’s Office of Exceptional Student Education provides services to all learners outside the typical learning environment as well as those that may require differing learning styles to help them meet their full potential. ESE programming and support services provide an opportunity for every student to maximize their potential to successfully participate in school, work and community life.
To join a virtual Q&A, visit https://bit.ly/3hx5XAD, or call (313) 462-2305 and enter ID: 351-732-243#.
You can also call the DPSCD FACE office at (313) 873-7490 for more information. To learn more about the work of the Office of Family and Community Engagement, please go to www.detroitk12.org/FACE on the DPSCD website.
August ESE Reopening Q&A Events
- Thursday, August 6 from 4 - 5 p.m.
- Monday, August 17 from 6 -7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 27, 6 - 7 p.m.