District COVID-19 Testing Sites Permanently Closed
Please be aware that the DPSCD LynxDx COVID Drive-Thru testing sites at Renaissance and EEVPA have closed permanently and will no longer be providing testing services for students and staff.
Though the testing sites will no longer be available, as with all communicable diseases, students and staff must continue to report positive results to their school if they test positive at a healthcare facility, external testing site, or rapid test.
In the interest of public health, it is the District's expectation that:
- Individuals who test positive should submit the test result to their school/work location and stay home for five (5) days.
- Once it has been five (5) days and the individual is feeling healthy, they can return to school/work, wearing a mask for five (5) more days to protect others
- If they have a fever, they need to stay home until they are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medications) and wear a mask when they return to school for 10 days.
- If an individual has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, it is recommended that they wear a mask for 10 days.
- COVID-19 vaccines will continue to be provided at no cost for families, as long as the supply of federally purchased vaccines lasts.
- Coverage for COVID-19 testing and treatment will now vary by insurance type.
- For additional COVID test sites and resources, please call 211 (United Ways of Southeast Michigan or the Detroit Health Department at 313-876-4000 to schedule an appointment.
As a final reminder, although the public health emergency (PHE) declaration officially ended on May 11, 2023, COVID-19 remains a communicable disease that can spread. The CDC continues to recommend that everyone stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, take a test if they have symptoms or have been exposed, and wear a high-quality mask when COVID-19 levels are high. These precautions are the best ways to stay healthy.