Summer Pop-Up Enrollment Center
July 29 - August 23, 2019
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Still looking to enroll your child for the 2019-20 school year? Detroit Public Schools Community District will open its Summer Pop-Up Enrollment Centers on July 29.
Each center will be a one-stop location for enrolling children in school for the 2019-20 school year, regardless of their grade or school.
Apply for application schools, Pre-K and Montessori classrooms. With services including Exceptional Student Education Placement (formerly Special Education), Immunizations and Shot Record Lookups, there's no better time to enroll your child for the 2019-20 school year.
Learn about and enroll in our newest schools, opening this fall!
Barton Elementary School, located in a newly renovated building in the Mackenzie neighborhood, and serving grades K-5
Edmonson Elementary School, a wall-to-wall Montessori school serving grades Pre-K through 4 located near Wayne State University
Hamilton Elementary-Middle School, which will serves grades K-8 in the Chandler Park area
- NORTHEAST: Brenda Scott Academy / 18440 Hoover, 48205
- CENTRAL: Ben Carson High School / 571 Mack Avenue, 48201
- SOUTHWEST: Earhart Elementary-Middle / 1000 Scotten Street, 48209
- NORTHWEST: Gompers Elementary-Middle / 14450 Burt Road, 48223
- WEST: Mackenzie Elementary-Middle / 10147 West Chicago, 48204
- EAST: Ronald Brown Academy / 11530 E. Outer Drive, 48224
The Detroit Health Department will provide immunizations and shot record look-up services.
Health care professionals will be on site from 12-3 p.m on each date.
Brenda Scott Academy
- Tuesday July 30
- Tuesday August 13
Ben Carson High School
- Wednesday July 31
- Wednesday August 7 - Mddle School & High School Students only
- Provided by Ascension | St. John Providence
- Bring ID, insurance cards (if available) and any copies of past vaccine records
- Tuesday August 20
Ronald Brown Academy
Wednesday August 7
Thursday August 22
- Great exam and application schools
- New K-12 Curriculum
- Art, Music and Physical Education
- College Dual Enrollment in every high school
- Career Technical Education and Career Academies
- Technology-Infused Instruction and Tools
- Homework Hotline
Required documents for enrollment:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Two forms of proof of address
- Transcript or report cards
- Parent/guardian photo ID
For your convenience, you may download and complete enrollment documents ahead of time.