Detroit Public Schools Community District offers enrollment in five selective admission high school programs, which offer rigorous college preparation, career preparation, competitive athletics programs and inspiring arts programs. Students are required to take an examination for admission consideration.
- Cass Technical High School
- Renaissance High School
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School
- Southeastern High School
- New school at Marygrove College, opening Fall 2019, 9th grade only
The Community Open House at Marygrove scheduled for Wednesday January 9, 2019 has reached capacity. Another Open House will occur on Monday January 14, at 6 p.m. Please RSVP here.
Who can apply?
Eighth grade students attending public and non-public schools are eligible to apply for the 9th grade class. Current high school students may also apply for openings in grades 9-11.
Want to learn about the new examination high school admissions system? Need help with your application? Join us for a workshop!
For more information and the full Parent Workshop schedule, visit the Application Assistance Page
Placement Exam Information
The examination high school placement exam is a critical element of the application process. Every applicant must complete the placement exam for admissions consideration for one of the District's examination high schools.
Applications for the 2019-20 school year will be conducted electronically ONLY. No paper applications will be accepted. Families who need assistance with electronic upload of application paperwork may seek technical assistance at one of our parent workshops or email email@example.com.
Questions and Answers
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions. If you still have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may begin your application, save it and then return to it at your convenience. To complete your application, you will need the following.
- Formal Letter of Student Interest
- Email address of the person from whom you are seeking a reference/recommendation
- Transcript that clearly shows the student's cumulative grade point average. It must be from no earlier than the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Applicants who do not currently attend a District school must select a test date when they apply. The options are January 26, 2019 or February 2, 2019. (District 8th graders will be tested in school in January 2019.)
Office of Enrollment
9th Floor, Fisher Building
3011 W. Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
Office: (313) 873-6345
Enrollment Analysis Supervisor
Theodore Jones, MSW
Enrollment Specialist - Parent Advocate