Early Intervention Services
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Early Intervention Diagnostic Center (EIDC) is a home and center-based program which is family-centered for children birth to three years of age. The Early Intervention staff will work with families to enhance the child’s development in all developmental areas.
Early On Michigan is a system designed to coordinate early intervention and other services for families to have children (birth to three years of age) that have a delay or medical condition. “Early On” is the collaborative efforts with agencies throughout the city.
- The parent is the child’s first teacher
- The family is the enduring and central force in the life of a child
- Each family is unique and individual differences must be respected
- Families and professionals working together promote the well being of children
- All children can learn
- Child Find referral intakes and outreach services
- Identification, location, and evaluation of children with suspected developmental delays that are in need of early intervention and/or special education services.
- Increased staff awareness of discipline-specific diagnostic, educational, and therapeutic techniques.
- Information to families by offering instructional techniques, support services, and resources that will facilitate active participation and empowering partnership in the educational process.
- Assistance to increase communication and collaboration efforts with staff, schools, and agencies to ensure the seamless delivery of an Individualized Family Service Plan.
- Implementation and monitoring of program compliance with state and federal laws that regulates the delivery of quality special education early intervention services.
Early Intervention Diagnostic Center Resources
- Wayne RESA On the Web
- Michigan Department of Education - Office of Special Education & Early Intervention Services
- MiAEYC - Michigan Association of Educators of Young Children
- Wayne County - Community Mental Health
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Registered Nurse
- School Social Work
- School Psychologist
- Home and Classroom Instruction
- Student Transportation