Transform our culture so that students, families, community members, and staff feel safe, respected, and connected.
- Build and maintain trust among students, families, and staff by implementing district communication channels that foster ongoing, real-time feedback and communication for continuous improvement around student and staff safety and return-to-school decisions.
- Keep students connected to their school and courses.
- Live the District’s anti-racism commitment by supporting staff to directly confront their unconscious biases and develop concrete plans to actively combat racism as a community.
- Developed and continuously improved a student code of conduct with student, family, staff, and community input
- Established Dean and school culture facilitator roles and introduced in-school suspension as well as alternative settings
- Provided at-scale training for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Launched Parent Academy and expanded PTAs and parent-teacher home visit program
- Improved student-reported perceptions of school in grades 3-8 and dramatically reduced chronic absenteeism