Application School Admissions
For the 2020-21 academic school year, there will be one, uniform online application available. Individual schools may have supplemental components of their application, i.e. an exam, essay questions, interviews, etc. and additional enrollment forms will be required from students who are accepted. Schools will contact families directly to complete these supplemental components once the online application has been received.
You may apply for up to three schools using the application. Please submit only one application per child.
K-8 Application Schools
- Academy of the Americas (K-8)
- Bates Academy (K-8)
- Burton International Academy (K-8)
- Charles Wright Academy (K-6) -
- Clippert Multicultural Honors Academy (6-8)
- Chrysler Elementary (K-5) -
- Detroit International Academy (K-8)
- Foreign Language Immersion and Cultural Studies School (FLICS) (K-8)
- Golightly Education Center (K-8)
- Marcus Garvey Academy (K-8)
- Paul Robeson/Malcolm X Academy (K-8)
High School Application Schools
- Academy of the Americas
- Benjamin Carson High School of Science and Medicine
- Communication and Media Arts High School
- Davis Aerospace Technical High School
- Detroit International Academy for Young Women
- Frederick Douglass Academy for Young Men
Montessori SchoolsDetroit Public Schools Community District offers three Detroit Public Montessori schools
- Edison Elementary (Pre-K to 3)
- Edmonson Elementary (Pre-K to 6)
- Palmer Park Preparatory Academy (Pre-K to 6)
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2020.
Fine and Performing Arts Schools
DSA will be enrolling students in grades 9-12, and the feeder schools will be enrolling students in grades 6-8.
The DSA Pathways schools include:
- Detroit School of Arts (high school)
- Duke Ellington Art and Music Conservatory at Beckham (eastside)
- John R King Academic and Performing Arts Academy (westside)
- Spain Elementary-Middle School (midtown)
- Brenda Scott Academy for Theater Arts (northeast)
In addition to completing the online application, students will need to audition and/or interview to be accepted to a DSA Pathways school.