DPSCD is still accepting applications for the current school year. Families may also apply for the 2023-24 school year!
Three easy steps to apply for GSRP PreK:
- Complete the Application Form:
- Applying for this year (2022-23 school year): Click here PreK Application 22-23 SY
- Applying for next year (2023-24 school year): Click here PreK Application 23-24 SY
- Gather required documents - see the list below
- A DPSCD Pre-K teacher will contact you regarding a virtual family conference
- Child’s Official Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Record or Waiver
- Child’s Health Appraisal
- Parent/Guardian ID
- Parent Proof of Income
The Office of Early Childhood ensures that all children have access to high-quality early learning and development programs and enter kindergarten prepared for success. We ensure that all early childhood outcomes include:
- Children thriving
- Children are developmentally ready to succeed in school
- Children are prepared to succeed by achieving appropriate grade level reading proficiencies
We provide a free, high-quality early learning experience for students who are 4 years old by December 1st of the current school year in two prekindergarten programs:
Detroit Public Schools Community District's FREE Public Montessori program is dedicated to the Montessori philosophy. We create a unique, student-centered learning environment and help families nurture respectful, responsible, and resourceful children.
Application is now open for the 2023-24 school year - Apply today! Learn about Montessori here.