- Children thriving, and developmentally on track
- Children are developmentally ready to succeed in school
- Children are prepared to succeed by achieving appropriate grade level reading proficiencies
We provide a free, high-quality early learning experience for special needs from birth and for general education students who are 4 years old by September 1 or December 1 of the current school year, depending on the program.
We offer two prekindergarten programs:
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Students selected for the Great Start Readiness Program must meet income guidelines. Students from Wayne County are accepted. Students who do not live in Wayne County must obtain a release from the Intermediate School District (ISD) where they live in order to enroll.
Title I students are selected based on the needs of the school community. Parents must reside in Detroit.
DPSCD does not provide transportation for Pre-K students.
Where to Enroll
Parents may enroll at any DPSCD pre-school site, or at Fleming Administrative Building, 18501 Waltham Detroit, MI 48205.
Required Enrollment Documents
- Original birth certificate
- Current immunization record
- Child's Insurance card
- Proof of income (GSRP)
- Proof of Wayne County residency
Michigan Academic Standards for Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Infant and Toddler Programs
- Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Prekindergarten