Manage and deploy our resources responsibly, transparently, and equitably to support our students’ success.
- Adapt physical spaces and develop and enforce district Covid-19 policies and procedures to ensure student and staff health and safety.
- Deploy up-to-date technology resources to all school staff and students, as necessary, to ensure students can learn and staff can do their jobs from anywhere.
- Maintain the District’s progress on balancing the budget by maximizing spending across multiple funding streams to ensure student and staff health, safety, and learning while ensuring the District’s long-term financial sustainability.
- Develop a 20-year capital plan to consider for a DPSCD bond proposal.
- Advocate for funding and policy improvements at the state level that equitably address the short- and long-term financial needs of the District.
- Completed a facilities audit and engaged the community on facilities challenges and needs
- Expanded 1:1 technology and invested in major network and security upgrades to keep schools connected
- Established a capital fund and implemented implement major maintenance projects, like roof replacement
- Implemented internal auditing protocols and garnered the District’s first clean financial audit in a decade
- Secured the DPS Operating Millage & Wayne County Millage renewal
- Maintained a balanced budget with a healthy reserve fund to protect the District against future financial challenges