Welcome to the 2021 Ambassador Program!
Hello Team DPSCD!
As you know, Detroit Public Schools Community District is not just on the rise...we are actively rising.
As our District responds to the impacts of COVID-19, it is now more important than ever that we prioritize personalized community outreach to Metro-Detroit families and ensure they know that safe, high-quality options are available in DPSCD school communities.
Ambassadors are passionate, enthusiastic, and committed volunteers who represent the District at a wide array of community engagement opportunities to support both recruitment and retention initiatives. There are also fun and creative ways to safely promote the District via social media and virtual storytelling. When it comes to sharing the great news of DPSCD, who better to do that than YOU?
Who can be an Ambassador?
- District Staff Member
- Current District High School Student (earn service hours!)
- Current or former parent
- Community Member
What do Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors have the opportunity to represent the District in the following settings. Once you complete your 1.5 hour training, you will have full access to the "Opportunities Calendar" and can sign up for volunteer opportunities that work with your schedule.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Houses of Worship Visits
- Community Events
- Telephone Banking
- Summer Festivals
- Community Health Fairs
- Back-to-School Events
- Much More!
Complete Hours, Get Swag!
You will earn Ambassador Points for every volunteer opportunity that you participate in! Our Swag Catalog offers District branded apparell and accessories that are exclusive to the Ambassador Program! There will be three Swag Pick-Up Days through the summer and fall.
Why sign up to be an Ambassador?
- Be Part of a Community: This is an excellent opportunity to build relationships with District staff, parents, alums, and current students. Ambassadors are invited to come together (virtually!) for Ambassador community get togethers to meet one another and build a sense of community.
- Explore Detroit: Once we are able to re-engage in public settings, the Ambassador Program offers a great opportunity to explore new neighborhoods, visit a park you've never been to, or attend an unfamiliar faith-based site. Promote the District and enjoy the perks of the D at the same time!
- Support Detroit Families: We all know the feeling of wanting to talk to someone when making big decisions. For families trying to navigate our city's vast school system, you could be the difference between a parent being overwhelmed and a parent finding the perfect school fit for their student!
- Student Leadership Opportunity: Incredible opportunity for current high school students to development communication and networking skills, support District initiatives, and be part of student network across District schools. Ambassador Hours you complete will count towards your required service hours for graduation!