Join the Ambassador Team!
Ambassador Program 2020 - 2021
As our District responds to the impacts of COVID-19, it is now more important than ever that we prioritize community outreach to Metro-Detroit families and ensure they are aware and connected with our District schools, programs, and resources. The Ambassador Program is a cohort of passionate, enthusiastic, and committed volunteers who represent the District at wide-range of community engagement opportunities to support both recruitment and retention initiatives. This year we are excited to launch our Virtual Challenges which provide Ambassadors with fun and creative ways to safely promote the District via social media and social distancing best practices.
We know our staff, students, and parents (like you!) are nothing short of exceptional. Help us spread the word!
Who can be an Ambassador?
- District Staff Member
- Current District High School Student (New this year - earn service hours!)
- Current or former parent
What do Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors have the opportunity to represent the District in the following settings. Once you complete your 1 - 2 hour training, you will have full access to our "Opportunities Calendar" and can sign up for as many or as few volunteer opportunities as you would like!
- NEW: Virtual Challenges!
- Door to Door Canvassing
- Houses of Worship Visits
- Block Club Events
- Telephone Banking
- Summer Festivals
- Community Health Fairs
- Back-to-School Events
- Much More!
Complete Hours, Get Swag!
You will earn Ambassador Points for every volunteer opportunity that you participate in! Our Swag Catalog offers District branded apparell and accessories that are exclusive to the Ambassador Program!
Why sign up to be an Ambassador?
- Be Part of a Community: This is an excellent opportunity to build relationships with District staff, parents, alums, and current students. Ambassadors are invited to come together (virtually!) for Ambassador community get togethers to meet one another and build a sense of community.
- Explore Detroit: Once we are able to re-engage in public settings, the Ambassador Program offers a great opportunity to explore new neighborhoods, visit a park you've never been to, or attend an unfamiliar faith-based site. Promote the District and enjoy the perks of the D at the same time!
- Support Detroit Families: We all know the feeling of wanting to talk to someone when making big decisions. For families trying to navigate our city's vast school system, you could be the difference between a parent being overwhelmed and a parent finding the perfect school fit for their student!
- High School Student Service Hours: Attention students, all Ambassador Hours you complete will count towards your required service hours for graduation!
Request an Ambassador!
Interested in having an Ambassador set up an information table or speak at your upcoming community event to share good news about the District?
Questions? call 313-873-6345 or email email@example.com
House of Worship Visits
Would you like an Ambassador to provide District updates to your congregation? Let us know!
Questions? Please call 313-873-6345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Training Dates
Student Ambassador Training
Thursday September 17, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
Click Here to register!
Adult Ambassador Training
Tuesday September 22, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Click Here to register!
Attending a Training is required to participate!
Adult Ambassadors - Click Here to receive updates on upcoming trainings!