On behalf of the staff at Mann Learning Community, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. Our mission is to provide a safe, student-centered environment conducive to academic excellence. Academic development is achieved through a diverse, nurturing, technological, and data-driven culture. In collaboration with parents, community, and business partnerships, we cultivate life-long learners. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time (Monday-Friday 8:30-3:40), ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily for 15 minutes to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and to go on to college
- Follows all school and classroom rules
- Abides by the dress code – navy or black pants, skirts, or jumpers, with white, yellow, or light blue collared shirts, and black, navy, or brown shoes
Please consider joining our Parent Advisory Council on Student Achievement (PACSA) organization and/or the school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s programs and operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
- Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
- Reading with children who need extra help
- School-wide events
- Lunch time supervision
- Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
The wonderful Mann Learning Community staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. As a family, we will provide the nurturing and support your child needs to succeed. In addition to our instructional staff, we have a Guidance Counselor, a Department of Human Services worker, a Dean of Culture, Culture Facilitator, Attendance Officer, Social Workers, Speech Pathologists, Occupational and Physical Therapists, a Soar Reading Program in Partnership with Oak Pointe Church, student clubs, to help provide a well-rounded educational experience for your child.
Please look for monthly calendars to keep you informed of events and opportunities to support our school family. Your ongoing support and presences is appreciated.
We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.