Phone: (313) 444-6899
Degrees and Certifications:
Speech Therapist Anne Doucette helps by supporting the development of speech, language, and communication skills for Moses Field School students. This can make a difference for typically developing children as well as those with SLCN (Speech Language and Communication Needs). Speech and language therapists are key partners for schools/local authorities and early years settings where they can:
- Play a vital role in working directly with the child with specific SLCN as well as support the teachers and teaching assistants to differentiate the curriculum appropriately and provide necessary training.
- Support schools to ensure communication and supportive practices long-term for students with SLCN.
- Provide assessment, including screening or more specific assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need and strategies to support development.
- Input to formal assessment processes for children who have long-term SLCN and who may need a statement of special educational needs.
- Support good practice in the classroom.
- Support educational target setting and evaluation.
- Work with others to support targeted interventions and support for children.