Appropriate Dress for Students K-8
Mason has changed the student dress code for the upcoming school year 2019-20. Students are not to wear stretched pants, jeggings, jeans or leggings.
Pre-K – 5th Grade - Tops:
Dark Green top (must have a collar or turtleneck. No Green T-Shirts.
PreK – 5th Grade – Bottoms:
Blue or Black bottoms only (No Khakis Bottoms).
6th – 8th Grade Tops:
6th Grade: Light Blue (must have a collar or turtleneck. No Light Blue T-Shirts.
7th Grade: Yellow (Must have a collar or turtleneck. No Yellow T-Shirts
8th Grade: Burgundy (Must have a collar or turtleneck. No Burgundy T-Shirts.
ALL MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS 6-8TH GRADE MUST WEAR KHAKIS BOTTOMS ONLY (NO BLACK OR BLUE BOTTOMS ALLOWED).
- Athletic shoes, laced shoes and/or other shoe boots, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed toed/closed heel shoes. Students are also prohibited from wearing steel-toed boots or shoes to school. No Flip-Flops or House Slippers allowed (including free dress days).
Inappropriate Dress For Students K-8
- Dresses, skirts, and skorts shorter than the student’s fingertips when standing in a normal position with the arms down
- Clothing that is either revealing or provocative, showing abdomen region or cleavage, T-shirts or halter-tops, biker pants, or pants allowed to sag below the waistline or are excessively tight
- Bedtime attire such as pajamas, undershirts, or undergarments as outerwear
- Students’ clothing or tattoos may not display statements or pictures that are related to the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or sex, or that promote hate and/or violence or signify gang affiliations
- Attire that may be considered weapons, including but not limited to chain belts or wallet chains
- Jewelry or similar artifacts that are obscene or may cause disruptions to the educational environment
- Hats, caps, bandanas, or do-rags, except headwear worn for legitimate religious and cultural purposes Flip-flops, house slippers, steel-toe-shoes or boots, or any other type of footwear that could constitute a safety hazard
- Hair rollers, hair curlers, plastic hair bags, hairnets, hair bonnets, sweat bands and skullcaps