Welcome to Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School, a one-of-a-kind institution that provides students with a diverse range of educational opportunities through three specialized programs: Mathematics, Science and Technology (MSAT), Center for International Studies and Commerce (CISC), and College Preparatory Liberal Arts (CPLA). Our school takes pride in being a pioneer as the first high school to be designed and certified as a green energy building, earning a prestigious gold certification. Additionally, we offer a unique life-cycle program housed within our ML King Academic Engagement Center. We aim to provide an exceptional learning environment for our students, and we invite parents and students to explore the exciting opportunities available at our school.
At King, our dedicated and award-winning educators are here to support and guide our students on their learning journeys. Our proud Crusader Nation boasts an impressive list of achievements:
1. Metropolitan Chess Champions in 2014.
2. DECA State Champions in three categories in 2016/2017.
3. Michigan State University’s School of Journalism Newspaper of the Year in 2015/2016.
4. Journalism Teacher of the Year in 2015/2016.
5. Back-to-Back Division II State Football Champions in 2015/2016.
6. Six consecutive years as PSL Girls Basketball Champions from 2016/2017.
7. Girls PSL Cross Country and Eastside Division Champions in 2016.
8. Girls PSL Swim Champions in 2016, making history by winning every event.
In addition to our remarkable athletic achievements, King's Fine Arts department is home to internationally acclaimed teachers in dance, band, and the visual arts. Beyond sports and arts, we offer a diverse array of programs, including robotics, hip-hop lyrical clubs, honors courses, dual enrollment, and a vibrant marching band.
- Internationally acclaimed MLK Dance Program
- Chess/Robotics Teams, BPA, DECA, NHS, & Michigan Youth and Government, Hip-Hop Lyrical Club
- Partnerships with Michigan State University, Wayne State University, & King Alumni Network.
- AP Courses, Dual Enrollment for College Credit at WCCCD.
- Marching Band: 2008 & 2012 Olympics, Yearly MSBOA top awards.