Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Breakfast is served in the classrooms from 8:30 a.m. until 8:40 a.m.
The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:40 p.m.
All students must enter and exit through the Ohio door.
Arrival (8:30 a.m.)
- Students who arrive between 8:15 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. will wait in the Ohio corridor with supervision until the bell rings.
- Late Arrivals: Students who arrive after 8:35 a.m. will have to be buzzed into the school and report to the Main Office/Attendance Office for a tardy pass.
- Bus Riders: Busers will enter through the Ohio door and wait in the Ohio corridor with supervision.
Dismissal (3:40 p.m.)
- Dismissal at staggered at 3:40 p.m. Grades K-3 are escorted and dismissed at the bell from the Ohio door and, a few minutes later, grades 4th and 5th are escorted and dismissed from the Ohio door.
- Early Pickups: Parents must report to the main office and sign their child out if they need to leave before 3:40 p.m. The office staff will contact the classroom teacher and have the child come to the office prepared to leave for home. Parents are encouraged to leave their children in school for the entire school day.
- Bus Riders: Busers are picked up from the classes by Administration at 3:25 p.m. and escorted to the Bus from the Ohio door exit.
Emergency/Inclement Weather Dismissal
Barton families will be notified if the door exit changes.