Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Breakfast is distributed at Ohio Door and eaten in the classrooms from 8:30 a.m. until 8:50 a.m.
The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:40 p.m.
Students Grades K-6 must enter and exit through the Ohio door.
Pre-K students must enter and exit through the Joy Road door.
Arrival (8:30 a.m.)
- Administration greets students at the Ohio door.
- Late Arrivals: Students must report to the Main Office after 8:55 am.
- Bus Riders: Busers will enter through the Ohio door.
Dismissal (3:40 p.m.)
- Dismissal is staggered at 3:40 p.m. Grades 1-6 are escorted and dismissed at the bell out of the Ohio door. Kindergarten parents must retrieve their child from the teacher.
- Early Pickups: Parents must report to the main office and sign their child out if they need to leave before 3:40 p.m. The office staff will contact the classroom teacher and have the child come to the office prepared to leave for home. Parents are encouraged to leave their children in school for the entire school day.
- Bus Riders: Busers are picked up from their classes by the Dean at 3:35 p.m. and escorted to the Bus from the Ohio door exit.
Emergency/Inclement Weather Dismissal
Barton families will be notified of any arrival/dismissal changes.