Cass Tech HS Dress Code
The dress code for Cass Technical HS, prohibits gang-related or immodest attire. The guidelines for the Cass Tech High School 2022-2023 Dress Code are as follows:
RELAXED Dress Code 22-23:
White Green, or Black Collared or Button Down Shirts
- Plain Jeans are allowed no rips or tears or sagging
- Green, Khaki or Black Bottoms are still OK.
- Skirts and Dresses Must Be Knee Length All The Way Around
It is the expectation of Cass Tech Administration and Cass Association parents that students dress in a manner that demonstrates the proud legacy and brand that Cass Technical High School represents. Cass Tech students are #1 Second to None and as such should exhibit leadership and future professionalism in their daily dress. The Dress Code Policy outlined below allows flexibility while appropriately reflecting an image of excellence for all Cass Technical High School students.
Color: All shirts or blouses must be white, hunter/forest green, or black. Only SOLID color shirts. NO writing or graphics on shirts or blouses and NO undershirts or Spaghetti straps are permitted. Sweaters such as cardigans are allowed but must be white, hunter/forest green, or black. Cass Tech club apparel and class apparel may be worn on Fridays or otherwise when specified.
**Hats or Hoods are never permitted to be worn inside the building, with the exception of religious headdress.
**ID must be visible at all times and worn no lower than the waistline.
Color: All pants, blue jeans, skirts and dresses must be SOLID khaki, Green or black; no camouflage or other patterns. Dress and skirt lengths must be at the circumference of the knee (front and back).
Style: Pants should be full length and can be pleated or flat front and appropriately fastened at the waist. NO rips, distress or holes in the pants, skirts, or dresses.
**Shorts, Leggings, Jeggings, Yoga Pants, Sweatpants, or Footless Hosiery are not permitted at any time.
Style: Athletic shoes, laced shoes and/or shoe boots, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed toed/closed heel shoes of any color. Mules described as closed toed and open heel are acceptable.
**House shoes/slippers, flip-flops, steel toed-boots, sandals or any other type of footwear that could constitute a safety hazard are prohibited.
- No shorts
- No oversized chains of any type
- No extremely baggy jeans/pants. Jeans/Pants must be worn above the hips- no sagging
- Belts may not hang loose
- No tight-fitting and revealing clothes
- No tank-tops, spaghetti strap tops, halter tops
- No hats, hoods, or rags can be worn on the head, unless it is due to religious beliefs.
- No strapless tops or dresses, or anything considered revealing; sheer or lowcut blouses.
- No bare midriffs (e.g., no crop tops, bralettes, sheer/lace tops)
- No exposed underwear (e.g., undergarments, brasseries)
- Skirts and dresses must be at or just above the knee; no skirts and dresses whose hem stops at the hips can be worn
- No skirts or dresses with slits past the mid-thigh
- No leggings or yoga pants
- No ripped or torn jeans
- No graphic tees
- No bodycon dresses, no t-shirt dresses