August 13, 2021
Greetings Parents, Student, Staff and Community Members:
It is with great joy and excitement that I welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! It is truly my honor and my pleasure to serve as your school leader. Last year presented many challenges and obstacles but in the final analysis, we overcame them all.
For the upcoming school year, we are thrilled to report that we will return to in-person learning. While each student has the option of continuing with the virtual learning platform, we are strongly encouraging all students to join us at the Osborn Academy building. Doing so will open the door for both students and parents to an exciting program of learning that our teachers have been planning all summer.
For this school year, the following supportive services will be available to address the needs of our students resulting from COVID 19 learning losses:
- In-school credit recovery courses for all grade levels
- 25 minutes of targeted academic interventions to recover COVID 19 learning losses
- After-school Credit Recovery courses targeting 11th and 12th grade students
The following informational points are presented to help you prepare for the new year:
- School hours: 8:00 AM to 3:20 PM
- Student Uniforms: khaki pants or black khaki pants (NO JEANS), closed-toe shoes, white, black, red, or burgundy polo-collar shirts.
- Class schedules: distributed on the first day of school at the grade level orientation
- Students are expected to attend their grade level orientation as follows:
- 9th Grade: August 25, 2021 from 1 PM - 2:30 PM
- 10th Grade: August 26, 2021 from 1 PM -2:30 PM
- 11th Grade: August 26, 2021 from 9 AM - 10:30 AM
- 12th Grade: August 25, 2021 from 9 AM -10:30 AM
Please plan to join Osborn administration, staff, families, and community members for our weekly Tuesday Virtual Parent Meeting at 10 AM and 6 PM by calling (313} 462-2305, with the PIN: 189 726 412#. You will receive weekly school updates pertaining to your child and resources you can take advantage of. In the meantime, please sign up for text alerts from school administration by texting 81010 with the following message: @osborn2020.
Below, are school contacts I encourage you to save:
- Dr. Jamita Lewis, Principal: Jamita.Lewis@detroitk12.org
- Bryant Tipton, Assistant Principal: Bryant.Tipton@detroitk12.org
- Nazzareno DelGreco, Counselor: Nazzareno.Delgreco@detroitk12.org
- Tenetia Pulliam, Athletic Director: Tenetia.Pulliam@detroitk12.org
Finally, Osborn Family, I am looking forward to a positive, safe, and productive 2021-2022 school year. We are excited to see our students back for in-person school beginning on Tuesday, September 7, 2021.
Dr. Jamita Lewis