Dear Charles Wright Families,
Welcome to Charles Wright Academy of Arts and Science. We are a Kindergarten through 7th-grade school with approximately 600 students located on the West Side of Detroit. We are a jewel within the Detroit Public Schools Community District and we take tremendous pride in the “family” like atmosphere of our school culture. We are a school where we want all staff, students, and families to feel valued and supported. Please review the policies and procedures for the 2021-2022 school year.
- All students will enter the building at 7:30 from their designated door.
- Breakfast will be from 7:30-7:45. Students must be at the school by 7:30 to receive breakfast.
- To follow Covid Safety protocols, we are asking parents to “Kiss and Drop” their children at the door so as to minimize the number of people in the building. An adult will direct the student to his/her classroom.
- School dismissal time is 2:40 p.m. Early pick-up is not allowed except in emergency cases. This district's Attendance Policy clearly states that students must arrive on time and remain at school for the entire day. We will adhere to the district's policy and not allow early pick-up.
- We have a school-wide dress code that must be adhered to daily.
- All/any visitors must check into the office upon arrival in the building.
We ask for your cooperation in helping to keep Charles Wright a safe, educational learning environment for our students. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs. L. Jawor