What to Wear
All students are attending school in person this 2022-2023 school year.
BCHS Dress Code Policy
UNIFORM IS NO LONGER REQUIRED AT BCHS! However,if students or parents desire their students to wear uniform they may.
BCHS royal blue polo shirts with BCHS logo are available
- Students may be required to wear certain types of clothing, usually for safety reasons, while participating in classes such as physical education, shop, chemistry, etc., or in curricular and extracurricular classes or activities such as band, choir, dance, drama, and theater.
- Students are responsible for keeping themselves and their clothes neat and clean.
- Students may wear their hair in any style they choose.
- Students may wear headdress (such as religious headwear only).
- Students may wear PPE (masks, gloves) to continue to guard against COVID-19.
- Styles of clothes that endanger themselves or other students.
- Bedtime attire such as pajamas, undershirts, or undergarments as outerwear.
- Students’ clothing or tattoos may not display statements or pictures that are related to the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or sex, or that promote hate and/or violence or signify gang affiliations.
- Attire that may be considered weapons, including but not limited to chain belts or wallet chains.
- Jewelry or similar artifacts that are obscene or may cause disruptions to the educational environment.
- Hair rollers or hair curlers.
- Flip-flops, house slippers, steel-toe-shoes or boots, or any other type of footwear that could constitute a safety hazard.
Items for Purchase:
- BCHS Blue fleece jackets with the BCHS logo are available for purchase at the school for $20.
- In addition to our traditional dress attire, students have the option of wearing scrubs. Below are some details about scrub colors and Do’s and Don’ts.
- Dos: wash and press your scrubs daily. Scrubs must be clean and free of contaminants, wear solid colored sets, wear white t-shirts and thermal underwear if needed during the winter months; short white lab coats may be worn.
- Don'ts: Don't wear regular/street clothes under your scrubs, don’t mix and match tops and bottoms (you must wear the complete set), don’t wear boots, open toe shoes or other inappropriate shoes.