Turning Point Academy Day Treatment Center
Services students with severe emotional impairments.
Our school provides the following
1. Small class setup, there is 1 teacher, 1 aide, 10 students per class size
2. Students are assigned a school device.
3. Positive Behavior Intervention Support Team
4. Calm Classroom
5. Restorative Practice
6. The students run the point store. The students can earn points for Positive Behavior and they are able to spend their earned points in the school store.
7. Support Staff: School Social Workers, Behavior Specialist, and Crisis Team
8. Community-Based Instruction and Service Learning Instruction
Turning Point Academy is where students can go when they are not successful in their least restrictive learning environment. The student will be provided the support and skills necessary for them to return to their respective schools.
Turning Point at Fleming 18501 Waltham
Detroit, MI 48205
Main Office: (313) 347-8895 option 1
Fax: (313) 989-4159
Mrs. Natasha McGhee, Principal
- One-to-One Program (a computer for every student)
- Physical Education Classes
- Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
- Computer Lab
- Music Therapy