School Dress Code
All students must comply with the District’s dress code by wearing a uniform to school each day as described below. All students, including students exempt from the student dress code, are expected to exemplify proper grooming standards in a manner that projects an appropriate image for the student, school, and district.
The District shall not require specific brands of clothing. All clothing items must be of an approved color from the common color selections presented in this dress code policy.
Slacks and Pants:
• Color: All slacks and pants must be a solid color: Khaki, navy blue, or black
• Style: Slacks and pants can be pleated or flat front, full length and appropriately fastened at the waist
• Belts: If the garment has belt loops, a belt should be worn at all times.
Tops: • Shirts and blouses must have buttoned down or straight collars; turtlenecks and polo styles are permitted; All tops must be worn tucked inside pants, slacks, shorts or skirts
• Color: All students shall wear approved colors required by the school
• Style: Long and short sleeves with a collar required. Turtlenecks and polo styles permitted
• Logos: Manufacturer trademarks, if any, must be one inch or less. DPSCD school logos are permitted and are not limited in size.
Skirts, Shorts, and Jumpers/Skorts:
• Color: Khaki, navy blue, or black, in a solid, single color
• Style: Shorts and Skorts must have a 9 inch inseam and/or be no more than 2 inches above the knee.
Jackets, Cardigans, and Sweaters:
• Color: Should match an accepted uniform color
• Style: All must be worn over a collared shirt, turtleneck or polo style top
• Jackets for middle school and high school students cannot have hoods.
• Athletic shoes, laced shoes and/or other shoe boots, loafers, dress shoes, or other closed toed/closed heel shoes. Students are also prohibited from wearing steel-toed boots or shoes to school.