Mission and Vision
Our primary purpose is to provide a therapeutic learning environment that promotes socio-emotional well-being and provides quality academic instruction, preparing students to become productive contributors to society.
Turning Point Academy will be recognized as a high-quality Day Treatment Center where all staff members provide therapeutic services and quality instruction while meeting the individual needs of our students. Through our commitment to high expectations, individual student success, and creating a community of respect, responsibility, and relationship, each student will reach their maximum potential in an engaging, supportive, and challenging therapeutic academic environment.
Turning Point Academy Day Treatment Center
Services students with severe emotional impairments.
Our school provides the following
1. Small class setup, there is 1 teacher, 1 aide, 10 students per class size
2. Students are assigned a school device.
3. Positive Behavior Intervention Support Team
4. Calm Classroom
5. Restorative Practice
6. The students run the point store. The students can earn points for Positive Behavior and they are able to spend their earned points in the school store.
7. Support Staff: School Social Workers, Behavior Specialist, and Crisis Team
8. Community-Based Instruction and Service Learning Instruction
Turning Point Academy is where students can go when they are not successful in their least restrictive learning environment. The student will be provided the support and skills necessary for them to return to their respective schools.
- One-to-One Program (a computer for every student)
- Physical Education Classes
- Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
- Computer Lab
- Music Therapy