Our school does not require a uniform. However, students must abide by this dress code:
- Students may be required to wear certain types of clothing, usually for safety reasons, while participating in classes such as physical education, shop, chemistry, etc. or in curricular and extracurricular classes or activities such as band, choir, dance, drama and theater.
- Students are responsible for keeping themselves and their clothes neat and clean.
- Students may wear their hair in any style they choose.
- Students may wear headdresses (such as hats, religious headwear, hoodies, etc.0 if it allows the face to be visible to staff and does not interfere with the line of sight of any student or staff.
- Students may wear PPE (masks, gloves) to continue to guard against COVID-19.
Students May Not Wear:
- Styles of clothes that endanger themselves or other students.
- Bedtime attire such as pajamas, undershirts, or undergarments as outerwear.
- Students' clothing or tattoos may not display statements or pictures that are related to the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or sex, or that promote hate and/or violence or signify gang affiliations.
- Attire that may be considered weapons, including but not limited to chain belts or wallet chains.
- Jewelry or similar artifacts that are obscene or may cause disruptions to the educational environment.
- Hair rollers or hair curlers.
- Flip flops, house slippers, steel-toe-shoes or boots, or any other type of footwear that could constitute a safety hazard.