Dear Moses Field School Community,
Welcome Back for the 2022-2023 School Year! My name is Derrick Graves, and I am honored to introduce myself as the new principal of this magnificent school. I look forward to meeting and engaging with you more directly in the upcoming days as we prepare for the start of a great school year.
2022-2023 marks a transition back to somewhat traditional (pre-COVID) learning. While there will be changes, the health and safety of students are at the forefront of this school. Please carefully read the information below for important information pertaining to the upcoming school year.
- First Day of School: Monday, August 29, 2022. All students will return to school for in-person learning.
- Bell Schedule: 7:30am – 2:40pm, Monday through Friday.
- Uniforms: Students are expected to wear solid-colored bottoms (navy, black, blue, or khaki), solid-colored shirts/blouses (white, light blue, yellow, pink), and shoes (gym or street shoes). Students should avoid wearing sandals or flip flops for safety reasons.
- Covid-19 Protocols:
- Masking - Masking in schools is now optional for employees, students, and visitors. If for any reason you would like your student to wear a mask, then you have the freedom and support to do so.
- Weekly COVID Testing – Weekly school-based COVID saliva testing for employees and students has been discontinued. Moses Field students and staff may take a COVID test at no cost at the Renaissance and East English Village drive-throughs.
- Notification – COVID-19 positive cases must be reported immediately to the school. Information is to be collected by the principal and provided to the District’s Office of School Health and Wellness.
- Isolation Guidelines – Regardless of vaccination status, anyone who tests positive for COVID is required to be isolated for 5 days. Positive individuals can return to school on day 6 if they have been fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication AND all other symptoms are improving. If an individual is without symptoms initially and develops symptoms during isolation, she/he will need to restart 5 days of isolation on the day of symptom onset. A well fitted mask is required for days 6-10.
- Medical Fragile: Students who receive Nursing Services, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy must have current doctor orders on file at the school. Forms were mailed in Spring 2022. Medical fragile students cannot attend school without current doctor orders. They will be suspended until proper documentation is provided to the school. If you did not receive a form or need a form, please contact the school.
- Bus Transportation: Transportation will be scheduled by the school and district. You will receive pick-up and drop-off information from DPSCD transportation prior to the first day of school.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be served from 7:45am to 8:45am in the classroom for Severely Multiple Impaired (SMI) and Severely Cognitive Impaired (SCI) students. Students with Moderate Cognitive Impairments (MOCI) and Autism will be served from 7:45pm to 8:15am in the cafeteria. Late students will have breakfast in the cafeteria where they will be monitored, supervised, and supported by a staff member.
- Recess: Recess takes place outside (weather permitting) or in the classroom for 20 minutes after lunch.
- Dismissal: In breezeway beginning at 2:30pm. If parents/guardians must pick up their student early from school, they must notify their child's teacher and/or the Main Office before 2:00pm. No exceptions!
Please feel free to contact me at (313) 866-5790 for questions or concerns.
Derrick D. Graves