The activities provided by the school include:
- BARTON Morning Announcements - This is a daily event (Monday through Friday) where students receive their motivational information from Principal Adams and Assistant Principal Banks. Students also engage in reciting our Barton Elementary School Pledge, giving birthday shoutouts, monthly character trait information, word of the day, and a trivia question for the day. Ms. Thomas leads the morning crew every morning as they use our new PA system to share with the entire school.
- Battle of the Books - Students in grades K-5 will read books and come together, usually in groups, to demonstrate their abilities and to test their knowledge of the books they have read. Afterward, student competitions will take place. The purpose is simply to encourage students to read good books and have fun while competing with peers. Grab your books and let the battle begin.
- Friday Showcase/B.A.R.T.O.N High Expectation Awards - Please join us in celebrating our Barton students' weekly achievements every Tuesday.
- Honors Assemblies - Join us as we celebrate our Barton Student's Achievements every quarter. Students will be recognized for their academic achievement, excellent attendance, and excellent citizenship.
- Townhall Meetings/Assemblies - Administration brings the student body together to discuss important events and learning opportunities.
- Spelling Bee - The DPSCD Office of Literacy will invite students at the elementary level to engage in a District-Wide Spelling Bee presented by The SCRIPPS National Spelling Bee. Barton staff will encourage all of Barton's students to participate in this spelling bee experience. Look for more information to follow from Mrs. Ash, ELA Master Teacher!
- Mathematics Bee - The DPSCD Office of Mathematics will invite schools to hold classroom-level math bees so that these students in grades 1-5 can participate in the District-Wide Math Bee. Good luck to all participants! Look for more information to follow from Mrs. Washington, Mathematics Master Teacher.