The District is excited to start deploying Detroit Collegiate Preparatory High School @ Northwestern devices for the Connected Futures project – which will give every child enrolled in DPSCD during the Spring Count in February access to a tablet and six months of internet. An eligibility email can be found in your child’s DPSCD email account starting this evening. You can access your students’ email in Clever, in the Microsoft Shortcuts section. Take the survey for each child you would like to participate, and you will receive the details for pick up as soon as the survey is completed. If you are unsure of how to access your child's DPSCD email or don’t have a way to do so, please call the DPSCD service desk between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 313-576-0100, or call our school at 313-899-7370.
Dear Students, Parents and Staff,
I’m excited to start preparing for our upcoming Connected Futures deployment days next week, which will provide every student enrolled in DPSCD during the Spring Count access to a tablet and six months of free internet. To ensure this initiative is a success, I highly encourage you to volunteer for a shift on one or more deployment days (the more the better!).
Here are our deployment days:
- 1:30pm-8:30pm on Tuesday, June 23
- 7:30am-6:30pm on Wednesday, June 24
- 7:30am-6:30pm Friday, June 26
- 7:30am-12:30pm Saturday, June 27 (make up day)
Volunteers should sign up for one or more 5-6-hour shifts on these days using this sign up sheet by Saturday, June 20.
Here are the volunteer roles:
- Traffic Director- stationed at all parking lot entrances, directs families to check in
- Check-In Concierge- verifies families’ reservation email and ID requirements and checks them in to pick up a device
- Intensive Support Specialist – (assistant principals and principal designees) supports families who do not have appropriate ID or a reservation number
- Retriever- pulls appropriate devices for each student who checks in and gets them ready for a Runner to deliver
- Runners- brings devices directly to families and releases the device from our inventory
Noelle Polaski, cc’d here, will be in touch soon with more information regarding training and logistics to prepare for deployment day for all staff members who sign up! I am excited to see each of you – and our incredible students – in person soon.