Moses Field is a special education center-based program for students with exceptionalities ages 3 –13. We serve students who are moderately cognitively impaired, severely cognitively impaired, severely multiple impaired, or autistic with developmental disabilities. Our curriculum focuses on independent self-care, core academic, art, music, physical education, strengthening communication, and developing appropriate social skills. Breakfast and lunch are provided daily. Transportation is available for all students.
Bell Schedule: 7:30 am – 2:40 pm, Monday through Friday.
Dress Code: Students are not required to wear a uniform. Students must wear clothes that are neat and clean. Students may wear headdresses (such as hats, religious headwear, hoodies, etc.) if the face is visible to staff and does not interfere with the line of sight of any student or staff. Students may not wear bedtime attire such as pajamas, undershirts, or undergarments as outerwear. Students should avoid wearing sandals or flip-flops for safety reasons.
- Masking - Masking in schools is now optional for employees, students, and visitors.
- Notification – COVID-19-positive cases must be reported immediately to the school. Information is to be collected by the principal and provided to the District's Office of School Health and Wellness.
- Isolation Guidelines – Anyone who tests positive for COVID is required to be isolated for five days. Positive individuals can return to school on day six if they have been fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication AND all other symptoms are improving.
Medically Fragile Students: Students who receive nursing services, occupational therapy, or physical therapy must have current doctor orders on file at the school. Forms were mailed in spring 2023. Please contact the school if you have not received a form.
Bus Transportation: Transportation will be scheduled by the school and district. You will receive pick-up and drop-off information from DPSCD transportation before the first day of school.
Breakfast and Lunch will be served in the classroom from 7:45 am to 8:30 am for Severely Multiple Impaired (SXI) and Severely Cognitive Impaired (SCI) students. Students with Moderate Cognitive Impairments (MOCI) and Autism will be served in the cafeteria from 7:45 pm to 8:15 am. Students that arrive late will have breakfast in the cafeteria, where a staff member will monitor, supervise, and support them.
Recess: Recess takes place outside (weather permitting) or in the classroom for 15 minutes after lunch.
Dismissal: Students are escorted to the breezeway beginning at 2:30 pm. If parents/guardians are picking up their student early from school, they must notify their child's teacher and/or the Main Office before 2:00 pm.
- Adapted Physical Education
- Special Olympics
- Daily Living Skills
- Support Services
- Parent Teachers Association (PTA)